Friday, April 1, 2011

Since everyone else is "celebrating"...

"Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign tower.
Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn.
Lock 'em in a uniform, book burning, blood letting.
Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate.
Light a motive, light a candle. Step down, step down.
Watch your heel, crush, crush. Uh-oh. This means
No fear, cavelier, renegade, steer clear.
A tournament, a tournament, a tournament of lies.
You offer me solutions and offer me alternatives
And I decline."


I thought of a lot of songs to "celebrate" the holiday with, but ended up deciding on this one. There's a lot of meaning in it for me, for everybody, if you look closely. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject.

Well, that, and: Don't bug me about whether the lyrics are right. This is how I hear them, this is how I write them. Besides, I only listen to the Great Big Sea cover of the song. The original version is too... slow.


As you may have noticed, Kay woke up today. Yes, I'm still at the hospital. After some debating, I finally decided to tell my mom the truth, or at least part of it. She almost didn't believe me when I said a friend had been seriously injured and hospitalized, but I absolutely wasn't taking no for an answer. I said before that I wasn't leaving before Kay woke up, and that still stands. I'm still not sure if I should go yet, honestly, but I'll see what happens.

As for the stuff we did... Yeah, it's unbelievable. But so are a lot of things about the world we live in. For my part, I will say that it's something I've done before, I'll probably do it again in my lifetime, and it does have a fact-based explanation, but I don't want to get into that because it will turn this post into a combination philosophy/metaphysics lecture. So even if I had the inclination to explain a thought process even I can barely wrap my head around, I honestly don't have the energy today. Just... suffice it to say that this is one of the reasons I was so excited when I met AmalgamationSage. Kay too, but mostly Sage. He... clarified a lot of things for me.

Frig, I'm so damn tired.


On that note, for those who haven't figured it out, I should probably mention that tired + irritated = explosion waiting to happen. Last night, Black Leaf was the unfortunate recipient of my wrath, although my small tirade was more directed at bloggers in general. I've said it before: the situation with Zero requires delicacy and subtlty. But did anyone listen? I'm sorry, BL, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all. But you'd think that, of all people, a former proxy would know most of all that there is never no hope, never no point. I mean, come on!

But Val! You flipped out when it looked like Reach was going nuts!

"GoING" is the key word here, kiddies. Sometimes, if you catch it early enough, a hard enough knock to the skull can do the trick. Zero, on the other hand, is so far gone that any hard knocks will just send him deeper into oblivion.

And for further evidence of what should and should not be done, take a look at the behavior of the people who actually knew Zero. Take a good, long look at how they're talking to him, at how they're taking the situation.

Stop a minute, use your brain, and think about why that might be.

Then, think about why it might be a good idea to follow their example.


As for the rest... I don't even know. Everything's going to hell in a handbasket so damn fast... Blog-jacking seems to be the theme today, although given the holiday, maybe I shouldn't be surprised.


Damn. I think I used up all my remaining energy getting pissed off yesterday. Today, I can't bring myself to care about a thing, except Kay.


Goodnight, everybody. Here's hoping the jokes lightened the mood for at least a few people.

9 comments:

  1. I have to apologize for my conduct last night. You're not the only one who was tired and on edge last night. If you've read my blog, then you know I have a military-trained psychopath hunting me down. On top of that, my former 'master' has been doubling His efforts to get at me lately. None of this excuses my actions, I'm just explaining.

    In truth, I don't know if Zero is too far gone or not. In all likelihood, though, his current mental state is the result of The Black King's influence. The simple anwer is that blogging at him will not solve the problem. Someone has to find him and talk to him face-to-face about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, and the appology is mutual.

    I don't have the resources or information for what's needed, but I'm pretty sure there are others who do. I'm seeing signs of ideas forming, anyway.

    And, in the meantime, there's no harm in nudging his thought process in the proper direction. Just to give whoever DOES smack some sense into him something to go off of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll follow your lead, then. I don't have any better ideas, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zerosage is just a bit piiiissed

    its kinda logicaaaaaal

    if you looooook at the whole piiiiicture

    i looove that song, yoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Given what happened last night, Zero might not be willing to take any nudging from you, Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been keeping quiet on what happened with Zero. Partially because I've just been so tired - too tired to care - but also because, goddamnit, I came into the blogging just before the solstice.

    It's easy to make me hero worship someone. After he disappeared, after I figured out how fucking stupid I've been to think this was all fake...

    I admired and respected him and wished he wasn't dead. I never thought that maybe so much pressure, so many hopes - I never thought he'd come back like this.

    Good god, another thing for me to mope over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1. Glad Kay is getting better.

    2. Have you seen what going on with Fizz/Cheska/Jeff's old blog? I am so damn confused! I mean, the new situation with Cheska, I get, but who the hell is Ritchie? Why is what happened to Cheska being reposted 10000 times? What the hell is this?!

    Sorry...I'm just tired and my brain hurts. Oh, and Daniel is more pissed at Fizz than ever because...uh, brainwashing was involving, and you know how he feels about that sort of thing. :/

    But enough about me. Glad to see Kay's getting better. :)

    ~Alora

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh karurei hakrueo keraor holey shit uyer name is harddot to spell espesly when driunk ya knoww i have to admite that ive neverer readyour blog what do you deo here anyway um your backrund is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my...

    Um, hello Ray. Never once expected to see you here. It's an honor.

    Even if you are piss drunk. XD

    What do I do here? What I can, mostly. I watch the goings-on, spout some encouragement or advice, maybe have an opinion or two, and generally try to keep my head low. The keyword there being "try".

    ReplyDelete