Monday, April 4, 2011

Better

"I'm a wheel, I'm a wheel.
I can roll, I can feel,
And you can't stop me turning.
'Cause I'm the sun, I'm the sun.
I can move, I can run,
But you'll never stop me burning."

Sorry for the lack of updates. I slept all damn weekend, honestly. And I'll probably spend most of the week catching up on my work hours, which'll suck. Feeling better though. Not great, but better.

Oh! Forgot to say, I actually went home Saturday afternoon. I had managed to cobble together a good enough story for my parents in that time, plus Kay was is definitely on the mend.

There was a bit of mucking about with vehicles between Sage and I before I left, but it's all settled now. Everyone's car is with everyone they belong to, and everyone had a ride home.

And speaking of AmalgamationSage... It appears I have a new test subject for my perception filter experiments. New subject, new variables. Plus, he has some interesting information on the topic. Pretty sure said info doesn't apply here, but hey, it's something to compare to. I think I've got everything I need for at least some preliminary guesses, but I'm going to browse through some proxy-run blogs first and see if can't find anything I've missed. Give me 'til... Friday, maybe? Yeah, Friday sounds good.


School's just starting to get busy again. Guess it's better that it happens now rather than last week. At this point, I'm grateful for anything and everything that's normal.

...Blah. Burying myself in school is easy. Burying myself in work is... decidedly less so. For more reasons than I'd care to list right now.

But y'know what I did do? This afternoon, after work, I took my dog to the local dog park. It was built into the woods behind Slim's Ranch about two years ago. Yep, you heard me: I spent the afternoon in the forest. And it felt amazing. It was a gorgeous day out, people and dogs were everywhere, I couldn't have been alone if I tried. It was like this enormous, cathartic, fuck you to the cosmos. I spent the afternoon among trees. And I am perfectly alive and well. It left me alone, It didn't even show up, didn't even know I existed. Life continues, asshole, and it continues the way I say it will!

Yeah, I'm definitely feeling better today.


Also, a tiny pet peeve: To those who seek a shorter name than Hakurei Ryuu to call me by, might I suggest Ryuu, Rei, Kurei, Valerie, Val, etc. Anything but Hak or Haku. Haku is a boy's name... -_-U



Later dayz, all.

6 comments:

  1. Ah... that sounds pleasant. Happy to hear you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, Ryuu. You don't need me to tell you this, but be careful if you go back into the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. I KNOW. I Will call you HAKU-CHAN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. .......

    Call me Haku-chan, and I will be forced to reneg on my promise not to call you a douchebag. I HAVE stopped, in case you hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just remember: He calls you Haku, you call him Lucy. It's an adequate response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a joke. Come on lighten up.

    ReplyDelete