Thursday, July 28, 2011

Update

"I have faltered, I have stumbled, 
I have found my feet again.
I've been angry, and I've been shaken.
Found a new place to begin.
And my persistence to make a difference
Has led me safe into your hands..."



Well, explaining Michelle's presence to my parents went better than I thought it would. Unbelievably enough, it had completely slipped my mind that she was actually scheduled to come down to my house for a couple weeks in August, after haying season for her and before the new semester for me. Maybe she remembered that subconsciously or something, I don't know, but it wasn't hard to think of a reason why she had come a few days early. Thank god for small favors.

Communication goes a bit slowly, but I expected that. She doesn't seem to want to make eye contact, and she can sometimes trail off for a while and not start talking again until later, but she definitely hears and understands me when I talk to her, even when she doesn't visibly reply.

Several points have been established as of now:

1) Christian was, predictably, lying through his teeth, though not about much. Just little details that move people around, little motivational changes. I have no idea why he'd lie about those things, but more on that later.

2) Michelle and I apparently just missed each other at the farm, because she went back later and noticed the crumpled sketches under the bed were missing.

3) As if the photo wasn't enough evidence, Michelle was definitely, definitely stalked as a child. She remembers portions of it now. Or... It's not that she remembers what she's forgotten, because she never forgot anything. Rather, she's now able to view certain events in a different light. Again, more on that later.

I've also been working with her on that block she had going on. That filter. So far it seems to be working. Sometimes I have to remind her to look at certain things (a vision training technique my mom used on me as a kid), but the mental block seems to be fading pretty fast. I don't know if it's anything I'm doing, or if it's the fact that, now that she's with someone who can show her these things, there's no longer a point. I really couldn't care less right now.


I have some bits of conversation (and I use the term "conversation" lightly) recorded. Transcript only, since my video camera is still mailed out for repairs. I should have it up later tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment